Gay Rights vs. Religious Liberty? by Andrew Koppelman

Koppelman, Andrew. Gay Rights vs. Religious Liberty?: The Unnecessary Conflict. Oxford University Press, 2020.

In his new book published by Oxford University Press, Koppelman provides a compromise to the conflict he references in the title. Koppelman provides an overview of the argument on both sides. He then explains that the best way to solve this conflict is to “exempt only those who post warnings about their religious objections, so that no customer would have the experience of being turned away” (Koppelman 11). Koppelman claims that by having businesses that wish to refuse service based on their religious beliefs advertise this fact to customers before they even walk through the door, people will not go through the experience of being discriminated against directly. While Koppelman claims to be in favor of both sides, I intend to use his argument as my counter-thesis because I do not feel like the solution he offers will fix anything, but it is something that many people believe and therefore needs to be addressed.

One thought on “Gay Rights vs. Religious Liberty? by Andrew Koppelman

• October 18, 2018 at 11:18 pm
    Permalink

Hi, this is a comment.
    To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
    Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.

Reply